The Parent Connect Foundation
was established in 2012 to support the students and staff at the School of International Studies (IS) and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program atSan Diego High .
The School of International Studies at San Diego High School is an award-winning IB World School. While the IB Diploma Programme is one of the best college-prep curriculums in the world, it is expensive and not fully funded by the San Diego Unified School District. Additional support is needed to cover the costs of IB teacher training, IB testing fees, IB textbooks and supplies because these critical items are not currently funded by the district.
As a non-profit, every dollar raised through our annual fundraiser and through donations made directly though our PayPal account goes toward providing the critical support San Diego High School’s IB Program needs to ensure student success.
Parent Connect is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization incorporated in California.
All Other Needs
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
— Nelson Mandela
Fundraising and Volunteering
The majority of funding that the Parent Connect Board raises comes from our annual silent auction fundraiser. Thanks to many local businesses, San Diego High parents and other community members, donated goods and services are auctioned off at the fundraiser each year. It’s a really fun event. It's a great opportunity to support the school while getting to know other San Diego High parents, along with teachers and administrators.
Last year’s event was our most successful fundraiser to date, with 120 parents, faculty and others in attendance. Over $19,000 was raised to benefit the IB Program. In a time of ongoing budget cuts, the funds raised by the Parent Connect Foundation are needed now more than ever. We need your help and are looking forward to your support of the School of International Studies now and in the years to come.
- Susan Nicohols, President (Senior Parent)
- Michelle Livermore, Vice President (Sophomore Parent)
- Marta Sullivan, Treasurer (Freshman Parent)
- Kristi Larsen, Secretary (Senior Parent)
- Samantha Boice, Member at large and liason to UCIBF (Sophomore Parent)
- Christine D'Amico, Gala Co-Chair (Senior and Freshman Parent)
- Michelle Guarino, Member at large (Sophomore Parent)
- Maria Hallmark, Member at large (Senior Parent)
- Barbara Nedd, Member at large (Freshman Parent)
- Daniza Montero, Faculty liason, Vice Principal